I had such a great week. This week was Girls Camp. For people who do not know what girls camp is it is a camp that my church does each year. We go over to a camp and we have a lot of fun and learn about the church. This year was my first year. I was really excited. We had to go over to the Carter's at 9:00am on Tuesday. Once everyone got there we left for Doe Lake. When we got to the lake it was really hot. When we were setting up our tents all of the girls were just sweating. It was really gross. Once that was over we got to go into the go eat lunch. (There was no air anywhere) It was so hot all day. The first day we did not do much. Really all we did was a few classes and set up everything. Later in the day it started pouring and all of the rain leaked into the tents and there was a huge puddle of water in the tent I was sleeping in and everything was damp. So we went to someone else's tent, which was a 3 person tent and we had 4 in there. That night we got about 4 or 5 hours of sleep. Now the next day. Each morning we had to get up at 6:30 and be ready by 7:00. No one wanted to get up. That day we got to go canoeing. The theme this year was an Olympic theme so we had Olympic events and that day canoeing was one of them. The group I was in got a Bronze medal. We also went on a 3 mile hike that day. The next day we did archery and I think I hurt my arm when I would pull back the bow. During our practices I did really good but then on the competition I did really bad. I think I got 0 points. :) Then today we did cross country skiing. The skis was pieces of wood that had string and you had to work as a group to move. On the event for that my group came in last. :( On Thursday we also did skits. There was a lot of really good skits. Ours was really funny but the prize we got was only for the most original. Then today we had a lot of fun we did 2 games and then we had our award ceremony and then we had the testimony meeting. It was really emotional. Everyone was crying. It was really sad because we had all made a lot of new friends and we wont get to see them for a while. For the most part I had a really good time even with all the bugs, and sweat, and no air conditioning! :) This week is one of my most favorite weeks!
Friday, June 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Melena I love your blog. You are such a smart,beautiful young woman.
I am so glad you went to girl's camp. You will never have any experience like those anywhere else. It will help you become an awesome woman grounded in the gospel.Keep on, keeping on girl!!
Hey I just love what you have done to my blog!!! I think I have the best blog in town!!! Thanks a million Blog Queen.....
Post a Comment